Jira for Construction

Shimshey Rosenberg July 15, 2019

All, 

While we utilize Jira on a daily basis, a friend of mine asked me for some sort of project management solution...

The issue is that he is not in the software industry, but in the construction industry. Each industry has its own basic set of requirements, so my question to you is if it is even wort my time spending and trying to get Jira to work for his construction company, or I should be looking at different solutions?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2019

It can be - Jira is great for delivery management - this doesn't have to be specific to software development. 

Similarly, Agile gets seen as a tech-specific framework and whilst it might have become more prevalent in that industry, there is lots of companies which do business agility either in their non-technical teams or within engineering and manufacturing industries.

What you'd need to do is consider how to utilise the language and framework Jira represent and refer to different components of the Construction process.

I actually found this answer from @Mike Rathwell on another thread to sum it up perfectly: Click Here

Ste