Jira filters don't reliably show resolution date

Reid Talbot April 28, 2020

In our Service Desk, we have in the past run filters that will show us the tickets completed within a specific date range. We export the data into Excel for additional reports, and one of the fields we use is the date that the ticket was marked as Resolved. The problem is that now some items have a Resolved date and others do not.

There is no consistency by what user it is, so it isn't a training issue. What can we do to make this a consistent field for the reports we generate?

It seems to me like it is something to do with the new view that Atlassian introduced for Service Desk, as they are 'streamlining' the views. I have looked for a field that we can use, such as a 'date marked completed' or something like that, but I haven't found anything of the sort. UpdatedDate is not consistent, as a user may update a ticket after it has been marked as completed, which skews the report if we were to use updatedDate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2020

Hi @Reid Talbot ,

Is there only one transition leading to your 'Done' status? Could you please add a screenshot of your workflow? Actually the resolution date would be the correct one to look for, but from what you're describing there seems to be a problem regarding setting the resolution.

Cheers
Thorsten

Reid Talbot May 4, 2020

Here is our only workflow on this Service Desk project:

ServiceDeskWorkflow.png

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2020

Do all the issues that are missing a resolution date have the same workflow?  Is this workflow different then the issues that have a resolution date?

Also do the issues missing a resolution date have a resolution and not just a status of resolved?

Reid Talbot April 29, 2020

We only have one workflow with our ServiceDesk, so that isn't the issue.

Since the updated view on ServiceDesk by Jira, we no longer have a 'resolution' field, it is only a 'status' field. The status field has a final value of 'Done' when it is completed. This seems to trigger some kind of Resolved status as well, but no date associated with when it was marked as 'Done'

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

The only way that I was able to figure out how to do this was to add a custom field and set that on transition to done.  You can submit a support ticket to Atlassian to see if there is a better way. https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Suggest an answer