Jira filter for a list of sprints

Bilal_a bilal_aa January 8, 2021

Hello,  please I need a help for task to prepare a filter that shows the tickets of sprints from sprint 1 to  10 without using all the numbers 1,2, ...10 , I need a generic method if possible to use only 1 and 10  ( like: show from 1 to 10 )

Untill now I have this but it uses all the numbers, it is not usefull :
project = SWTAM AND (Sprint = "STAMBD-Sprint 1" OR Sprint = "STAMBD-Sprint 2" OR Sprint = "STAMBD-Sprint 3" ........)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Hello @Bilal_a bilal_aa  Welcome to the community,

Firstly - JQL does not support looping statements (like if, else, switch)
so, your method of (n-1) will not work here.
JQL is a simple data extracting query language.

Why not try to query all the items in your project and then export the to excel , filter them sprint wise and then you will have what you need.
(but you will have to do some export and excel data correction stuff)

But i understand you will have to do this as a manual activity on a regular reporting basis.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

project = SWTAM AND sprint in( sprint 1, sprint 2,sprint 3,sprint 4,sprint 5,sprint 6,sprint 7)

or if you have only these 10 sprints in your project 

and some sprints are closed , one is active and few are future then try this below

project = SWTAM AND Sprint in (futureSprints(),closedSprints(),openSprints()) 

Try and let us know

Like Peter Miklian likes this

thanks 
the problem is that I need to use the operator "OR" to not have repeated tickets (duplicated line in excel)

2 votes
Deleted user April 5, 2022

How is this post shown with "ACCEPTED" Answers. 

The answer is a non-answer.

Cannot be DONE...is not "Answered"

"Answered" = Solution(s) is/are available.

"Responded to" = Responses have been given, some of which surface that is/is not possible to have a direct/indirect solution.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

If you want to see all issues that have a sprint  associated then use ... AND sprint is not empty. However if you want specific sprint you must list each sprint you wish. You cannot specify a range. 

thanks ( I want a range but it seems it is not possible )

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer