Jira fails to authenticate users including jira-admin

We are using Jira 4.2.2 with crowd. Crowd uses a filter when connecting to our Active Directory server. I had modified that AD filter to include some people that were excluded from the original one. I tried to check with Jira that these users were indeed now included when I was prompted for the jira-admin password. It failed to authenticate jira-admin. Other users were nevertheless still able to be authenticated.

A little later, Jira still failed to authenticate jira-admin, but instead of blankly refusing access, it asked for a capcha. And it keeps asking for a capcha, and access is never achieved. And then the other users were also being refused access, and Jira is currently unusable.

2 answers

Hello there,

It is a bit dificult to be sure at this point, but I have some questions that may help you to identify what is the root cause.

I hope this information has helped, but if you are still facing problems, please open a support request at href="https://support.atlassian.com">https://support.atlassian.com and attach both Crowd and JIRA logs:

Cheers,

Tiago Comasseto

It wasn't a Jira problem but a crowd one; synchronise against AD and Jira (eventually) authenticates.

This solves the problem.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 13 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

36 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you