Jira email notifications not working, but test e-mail is working

MartyO74 November 14, 2019

Hi,

We have an on-premise hosted Jira 6.0.8. We have set up an out going mail server using a gmail account, and used the send test e-mail feature to successfully send an e-mail out.

Our problem is with e-mail notifications. We are not getting any at all. We have gone through troubleshooting docs https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshoot-notifications-in-jira-203394737.html here but have not been able to find the solution.

Here is what we have already tried;

1. Ensured user profile 'My Changes setting' was set to 'Notify Me'

2. Ensured Notification scheme was correct and associated with the project

3. Ensured Project Notification email was same as outgoing mail server gmail address

4. Checked the 'Mail Queue' after making a comment on an issue and saw waiting messages in it for the correct issue. These then disappeared from the queue without error within 60 seconds, indicating that they had been sent.

5. Enabled DEBUG logging under 'Logging and Profiling' for the outgoing mail server and com.atlassian.jira.service and com.atlassian.jira.service.services.DebugService. We reviewd the log file and saw nothing that indicated error but did see the log of the MailqueueService sending the e-mail.

6. have used the 'Notifcation Helper' tool and it verified that the user would receive the appropriate notification indicating notifcation scheme and permission are set up ok.

Still the notification e-mail is not received.

There was a point made in the troulbleshooting link above

Check that your Base URL is set to a domain / IP which your SMTP server will accept. Example: Google apps accounts must have a matching base url to their Google Apps domain. 

However our base url for Jira something like http://myservername:8880 since it is internal self hosted. This did not cause a problem for the test mail. Could this be an issue for the notification e-mails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Basavaraj Bhuti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 31, 2024

Hi, did you find solution.?
If yes, please let me know how to resolve the issue, We are also facing the same issue.

Suggest an answer