Jira customer reply not creating comment randomly

prakash_btl June 4, 2021

Jira customers who normally able to create tickets and add comments from emails, sometimes randomly comment not added but email received in the inbox. 

settings are configured as below 

Handler: Creare new issue or add a comment to exiting issue

Permission Name: Add comment 

Administrator

ServiceDesk Team

Any logged-in user

Jira-service desk-users

Reporter

Service desk customer - portal access

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

What does the log say as it processes incoming emails?

prakash_btl June 4, 2021

No error in logs 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

Ok, then it's not able to read the incoming mail from the mailbox.  I'm afraid you'll need to fix that before we can look at what Jira is doing to lose them (as it's not ever seeing them in the first place, it can't lose them)

prakash_btl June 4, 2021

Thanks, Nic.

I am not getting how only a few emails are missing to read. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

Nor am I, there's no way I can know why they're not being read.  If they were being read by Jira and it could not process them for some reason, then you would get errors in your Jira logs saying it had failed to parse them.  But if there's nothing, then there must be something in the config which is stopping Jira even trying to read them, or the mail box is not letting it read.

prakash_btl June 4, 2021

I have restarted the Jira service issue resolved, Mail has been read. But still far away from the root cause. 

Suggest an answer