Jira cloud - not getting access token

Romisha Aggarwal December 26, 2018

Jira cloud

Each example is talking about using <access_token> But I don,t understand how to get an access token. Not sure if I need to create a APP. I just want to create an issue using REST API.

Any help in PHP will be helpful.

Thanks,

Romisha Agarwal

1 answer

1 vote
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2018

Hi @Romisha Aggarwal,

You need to log in to your Atlassian account and navigate to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens where you can find API Tokens option in Manage your account screen (Refer below screenshot). You can go ahead and create a new API token which can used for invoking JIRA Cloud REST APIs

API Tokens.png

Refer to the below Atlassian documentation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html

Hope this addresses your concern. If you find this useful, please accept the answer.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2019

When I try to login to that site using my corporate account for our Jira Cloud instance to generate an API Token, I get an error:

"Oops, there was an error logging you in."

"Whoops! The email address you entered can't be used to log in here. Try logging in from id.atlassian.com, or check your email address with your Organisation admin."

There doesn't seem to be a way to get to that token management site if Jira Cloud is using Single Sign-on or similar. Also, when logged into Jira Cloud using SSO, there doesn't seem to be a way to manage tokens for your account, only to view if any OAuth apps have been granted access.

This may be due to API tokens and plain authentication being deprecated in favor of OAuth.

Suggest an answer