Jira cloud - changing fix version of story whenever epic fix version is changed

Hello!

I have a requirement where I need to change the fix version of stories under the epic whenever the epic fix version is changed.

How do I achieve this requirement.

This is on Jira cloud.

Appreciate your response.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jan 12, 2018

You can do this with Script runner for Cloud. Here's the sample code. Basically you would need to use script listener to list for fixVersion change events and then update the same version on child stories. 

https://michaelheap.com/jira-cloud-scriptrunner/

Thank you for your reply but I do not understand what you are trying to pull when you say the below in the first line

customfield_10003

Ok I now get it that the epic-name is being found at the customfield_10003 but this holds good when a story is created for an epic and the fix version is set automatically.

But, my original requirement was, whenever EPIC fixVersion is changed, all the associated stories fix version should change. This does not work with the given script.

Any help on achieving it is much appreciated :) 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

286 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you