Jira cloud backup?

Maggie January 19, 2021

Can I stop or remove Jira cloud backup that was created in error? I will need a step by step guide how to do it. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@Maggie 

You don't have to do anything, Atlassian maintains these backups on your behalf for 7 days. 

More also, You don't have direct access to change the database structure, file system, or other server infrastructure. 

Kind regards,

Moses

Maggie January 19, 2021

You said: You don't have to do anything, Atlassian maintains these backups on your behalf for 7 days.

Does this mean that after the 7 days this backup will be automatically deleted?  

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@Maggie  On  JIRA cloud, Backups are generated daily and retained for 30 days to allow for point-in-time data restoration.  You can also generate an offline backup of your Jira or Confluence Cloud site once every 48 hours.

For JIRA server back-ups  please visit here Backing up data 

Kind regards,

Moses

Maggie January 19, 2021

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

@Maggie  After 30 days  the back-up will be deleted  not 7 days, they maintain it for you  during the 7 days period.(i.e 1week period ) and so on...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events