Jira boards' project shortcuts missing from some boards

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2019

I have a Jira Software 7.13/JSD 3.16 server instance containing restored data from an Atlassian cloud instance.  There are 80+ projects and 130+ associated boards (Kanban and Scrum). For the most part the customer has verified the contents and things look good.  The problem is there are an assortment of kanban and scrum boards(~30 boards) where the Project Shortcuts "Add Link" button is missing.  No particular rhyme or reason: not related to a board type or a particular project.

Ideas?

5 answers

0 votes
frida_ferencz November 25, 2020

I have the same issue. The project's main page has the shortcuts option on the left, whereas the Kanban board I created from the same project does not. How do I fix this please?

0 votes
Elaine Gamble November 21, 2019

same here - having the same issue - how is this corrected?

0 votes
J. Taylor Mayfield
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 4, 2019

I am having the same issue on Jira Software 8.1. Both projects are software projects but on one project I can create a shortcut and on the other I cannot.

0 votes
Deleted user January 22, 2019

I'm experiencing a similar issue.  I have two Boards, one of which has access to the ability to add Project Shortcuts, but the other does not.  See screenshots. 

Board with Project Links

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 10.26.59 AM.png

Board without Project LinksScreen Shot 2019-01-22 at 10.27.07 AM.png

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2019

Are those boards shared across multiple projects? Maybe check the board filter?

Suggest an answer