Jira board is not updating after custom JQL filter is added

Georgi March 20, 2024

Hello, 

I have the following issues with Jira Cloud: 

1. I aim to list the issues from all available projects in my organization on one board located in other projects created only for this purpose.

2. I have created a Jira JQL filter for the reason  issueType in (Task, Bug, Story, Epic)

3. When I'm creating a board, I choose the option Board from an existing Saved Filter and I'm adding the filter above. 

4. Everything works perfectly until I create a new project. I can't see the issue from all new projects on my board.  

5. I switched the filter in my board, hoping that the board will be refreshing by itself, but nothing happened 

It's a test project, so I can add everyone who wants to help if this will help with the investigation of the problem. 

3 answers

1 vote
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

Are the statuses the same for the issue types in the new project as compared to the old project? More specifically, are the statuses that the issues from the new project are in mapped to a column on your board?

If you just run the query in an Issue Navigator window, do you see the issues from both the new and old projects in the list?

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Hi @Georgi , please check what @Matt Parks is asking. When you create a new project, unless you are re-using an existing configuration, it might be that the issues, even though they are in your list, have different workflows and therefore won't be displayed in the kanban board if the statuses they are in aren't present.

For example, one project might have a workflow for tasks that on creation, they are in a status 'To Do' but another project might have a workflow where tasks on creation go to a status, 'Open'. If the workflow for the board you created for multiple projects has only the 'To Do' status, you wouldn't see the Tasks in an 'Open' state.

Hope this helps.

Georgi March 20, 2024

Hi guys, the statuses are the same. I just created brand new projects. They have the default workflows, columns, and everything. The old ones are the same as the new ones. I made a blank project with one story in every project for test purposes. 

Georgi March 20, 2024

If someone can look at Jira in-depth, they can put his email, and I will send an invitation. This test project doesn't contain any confidential information. 

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Hi @Georgi and welcome,

please verify that user has browse project permission for the new project. Issues will appear in a board only if tickets are visible by end user.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Georgi March 20, 2024

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_Herzum_, I am the only user in the project, and I have admin rights. 

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

Welcome to the community @Georgi 

When a new project is created, when you are creating the board, the issues from the old project will not reflect on the new project. As an alternative, you can either export and then import the issues to the new project and change the filter in your new project.

Georgi March 20, 2024

Thank you, @Perisic Nikola

Maybe you do not understand my request in detail. I want the issues from all new and old projects to be added automatically to one Jira board in another project created only for this purpose. The pitfall is coming from the new projects. The issues from all new projects are not added automatically to my board or in the backlog (when I'm using a Scrum board). 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events