Jira automation via Webhook

Gunasekaran Subramanian December 15, 2020

I am having a Service Desk (v.4.13) form for users to request for new Jira project creation.

I setup up an automation (standalone java spring utility, available as a Jar file in a different server) which will read the request data (using GET method in REST), creates a project in Jira Data Center (v.8.5.4) and as a result, update the service desk ticket comment with the project URL and close the service desk ticket .

Upon running the jar file (standalone application) while making a call locally for testing, I am able to hit the application. At the same time, when I setup a webhook in Service Desk (upon issue creation) it is not calling the target application. Can you please help on what could be the potential reason for this?

URL: http://server:port/v1/webhooks/ssd/${issue.key}

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

Dear @Gunasekaran Subramanian ,

can you please post the complete rule in JSD Automation?

Have you had a look in the log files, while the rule is triggered?

So long

Thomas

Gunasekaran Subramanian December 21, 2020

Thank you for the reply, Thomas. Much appreciated!

We have noticed that it is a firewall related issue from the log, made necessary changes and able to complete the automation.

Thanks,

Guna

Suggest an answer