Jira automate description rule line break

Christopher Lia March 14, 2022

Hi guys,

I have created an automation rule in Jira that will automate my description templates. So far everything is working well, I can stylize the code as needed. However, I have run into an issue.

I want to try to add a line break using Jira's automation techniques. So far, I am only successful using Jira's rest API on Python with \n.

Is there any way to do it in the Automation settings of Jira?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Иван Евсигнеев April 6, 2022

Try after text

\\ \\

it's works for me.

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2023

worked for me too, thanks !

1 vote
Yadi November 4, 2022

try this "\n" (remove double quote) after text. it is work for me.

refer to How to insert a new line when using lines image.pngimage.png

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2022

Hi @Christopher Lia and welcome to the community,

the characters \\ will result in a line break.

Best
Stefan

Christopher Lia March 16, 2022

Hi @Stefan Salzl ,

I've also tried that, but still couldn't get it to insert a blank line.

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2022

Hi @Christopher Lia ,

Could you please add a screenshot of your automation rule? That may help analyzing the problem.

Best
Stefan

Here is the rule, whenever [RNG] is in the summary, it will trigger the description. However, it doesn't automate the line breaks.
image.png
Here is the result of this rule.
image.png

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2022

Hi @Christopher Lia 

Could you try to add at the end of the line? (Tested this and that worked in my system)

image.png

Best
Stefan

I'm still facing the same issues, even after copying your adjustments. When I create new tickets, it's the same as before, no line breaks :(
image.png

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2022

😵😵 that looks really weird.

Unfortunately I´m running out of ideas :(

Suggest an answer