Jira application access add/remove error

Solita IT February 2, 2018

Hi!

We have a weird error in our jira's application access menu. When we try to add or remove ad-groups jira gives error with this kind of message "The page is out of date, please refresh the page.".

There is nginx proxy in front of jira application. I have tried to fix this issue with these instructions https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/error-when-managing-application-access-in-jira-the-page-is-out-of-date-please-refresh-the-page-826875910.html but with no results. This problem occurs when we access jira through nginx.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2018

Dear @Solita IT,

you fix it like the article has described: you turned on gzip in Jira and disabled it in nginx. Because 2 times gzip compression doesn't make sense.

Can you post the nginx configuration, please?

So long

Thomas

Solita IT February 2, 2018

Actually I had a little misunderstanding with those confluence instructions. We had gzip turned on in our nginx config and jira had it off. It didn't work then but when I disabled it from nginx, it started to work. Although if gzip is turned on in jira settings does it really apply? Doesn't seem to give any response headers that it would be in use. Can't figure out what really caused it to not work with same settings. Anyway thanks for the hint!

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2018

Dear @Solita IT,

sure if Jira compresses, nginx will not un-compress, just forward.

So long

Thomas

0 votes
Thuong December 11, 2020

I has been gzip off  nginx and jira, so problem resolved.

0 votes
nordiccoder October 28, 2018

Dear @Thomas Deiler@Solita IT,

I have the same problem and i tried turn on gzip in jira, and turn off it in nginx, but nothing fix.

Please help me.

1.PNG2.PNG

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2018

Dear @nordiccoder,

can you post your full configurations, please? Have you tried vice-versa? Nginx gzip ON, Jira OFF?

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer