Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira and ServiceNow interaction

Dear all,

We have a customer case where we need to interact with ServiceNow and based on that we have few best practices question.

Q1 : They are different plugin available and using also Webhook on the market to setup communication between the 2 environment. Based on that on which side the plugin need to be installed if any . Either on Jira side or Either on Service Now side ?

Q2 : From Jira we need to send an information to Service now in order to create a Change request at serviceNow side. We have actually 2 different approach. Either having a Jira field we set to true, then when SNow receive that field he knows that a change need to be created. Or working with Jira Issue status change

Thanks for sharing your though on this in terms of best practice

regards

1 answer

@serge calderara , sorry but i could not fully understand if there was a question.  i suppose the method of connecting the two depends on the particular needs. i can propose you look at a probable solution - a tool called ZigiOps. It's a no-code integration platform that connects the two systems bi-directionally. It can be customized to fit your use cases. ZigiOps also syncs any fields and can transfer various kinds of data (again, based on the use case). Feel free to check it out and even book a demo if you have time and want to see it in action.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you