Jira and Agile for small company of developers, working on different projects.

Michael Ralston January 20, 2014

I work for a web development company, less than 10 staff. Each member of the team is usually working on different project, there have only been a handful of occasions where more than one person has contributed to the same project.

We have recently adopted Jira, however we only seem to be using it as a basic to-do list. We are also setting up git repositories for the code of each project.

Can anyone suggest some resources on how to go about setting up Jira to effectively manage many small projects? Or some guidance on how an agile process can be used in such an organisation?

Sorry this is such a broad question... I really don't know where to start.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2014

Hi Michael,

As you indicate this is indeed a broad question and not so easily answered without knowing your situation and how your company currently works.

As an Atlassian Expert and an ALM consultant I regularly get this kind of questions and my advice would be to search for an Atlassian Expert that can help you out in real life. It's much easier to advise you and your team on how to work effectively and effciently in a face to face environment.

You can find the Experts here :

https://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

Good luck.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer