I have a basic filter for an agile board that is essential the following... "project = project AND (issuetype = Epic OR CustomField = value) ORDER BY Rank ASC"
This filter pulls in 5 different issue types. I mapped all the statuses to columns and the Columns configuration screen displayed no errors.
I then added a new Status to a workflow that is shared by three of the issue types. I confirmed the new workflow is correct and the three issue types have no problems.
However, now the Columns configuration screen shows the exclamation mark warning icon on most of the statuses with the text that "This status is not available in any of the workflows used by this board". This error is shown on statuses where the issue count is greater than 0 (in addition to statuses where the issue count is actually 0). I have confirmed that all statuses shown on the Columns configuration are in fact used by workflows used by the board.
Below is a screen show of the Columns configuration screen.
To test things, I changed the board filter to only filter for issues in the project and not filter by a custom field and then the errors on the Column configuration screen go away.
I used a custom field in the board filter on another board and don't experience this problem. However, the filter for that board does not have a nested condition like the one I am using on this board that is experiencing the status problem.
So I did another test where I changed the board filter to the following and now I no longer see the warnings: "project = project AND CustomField = value ORDER BY Rank ASC"
All that said, the backlog does show all the issues I expect even though the Columns configuration screen says there are status problems.
Not sure if there is a bug with statuses when using a nested condition on issue types and custom fields.
I had the same issue and found a solution which doesn't change the issue filter.
If you have a nested condition like this:
(issuetype = Epic OR [nested_query])
Just replace it by:
(issuetype = Epic OR issuetype != Epic AND [nested_query])
The query gives the same results but the statuses are correctly mapped in the Column Management screen.
After testing a bit more I believe this is a bug on the Column management screen and it incorrectly parses the board filter and sees the part of the nested condition where it filters to issue types = EPIC and therefore filters to only statuses that Epics uses (which is the simplified workflow).
Thanks! I have had the same issue. I couldn't add a status to a column due to this filter with Epic.
I removed the epic in the filter and now it's working correctly and I can add the status. Still running on a bit of an old JIRA v7.9.2
That might solved the issue.
Thanks for this message! really helped me to solve the issue!
Different year, same issue.
I understand there is a bug logged here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-11623
You know the drill ... add your votes ...
In the meantime the workaround with changing the filter query seems to work. I just appended this to mine (as advised by support):
... AND issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(),subTaskIssueTypes()) ...
Worked for me.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events