You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
1. I created an API token here first: https://admin.atlassian.com/o/<orgId>/admin-api
2. Here is my request from postman:
curl -X GET \
-H 'Accept: */*' \
-H 'Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate' \
-H 'Authorization: Bearer <token>' \
-H 'Cache-Control: no-cache' \
-H 'Connection: keep-alive' \
-H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
-H 'Host: api.atlassian.net' \
-H 'User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.15.2' \
-H 'cache-control: no-cache'
3. I get 200 response code back but the body is being returned as HTML.
4. Instead of Bearer auth i tried basic auth and got the same result.
5. It specifically happens only with the admin REST endpoints, regular ones like 'rest/api/2/issue/<issue id>' with different api token requested here: https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens totally works.
I assume I am missing something incredibly simple. I searched through docs and blogs and stackoverflow, but I seem to fail at getting JSON back. Any ideas what i might be missing?
Hi @Sasha Korobko ,
I'm not sure what are you trying to accomplish in accessing the Organization API.
Try to look into this documentation.
PS. Postman requests are available also, you need to generate the Organization API key here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/create-an-admin-api-key-969537932.html
I got the same kind of issue than Sasha.
I use basic authentification with a token. I have revoked my last token and created a new one, it did not change anything. the Api /rest/api/latest/search?jql=Project=... still return HTML instead of JSON as requested in my header :
Can you share a solution please ?