It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Webhook Worklog Event Email

Hi, I've registrated webhook and I got worklog_created event.

email.png

That's part of json i've got from jira. 

Why is "?" written in emailAdress field instead of normal email ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Alan Slender ,

Throughout 2018 and 2019, Atlassian implemented (and it is still implementing) a number of changes to our products and APIs in order to improve user privacy in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

Due to these changes, some user properties like the username have been removed and some others, like the email address will only be returned depending on what is configured in the Profile Visibility Settings for the user.

Being the webhooks outgoing HTTP POST request non authenticated, according to below schema, it should only be returned if set 'public' in the Profile Visibility Settings:

• anything set to public will always be visible regardless of the type or caller or the authentication method

• anything set to the user's organisation will be visible to:

• users in the ui

• users doing REST calls authenticating as themselves

• it won't be visible to connect apps*

• it won't be visible in Webhooks

• anything set to "only me and admins" will be visible to:

• the user when they request themselves (apart from in connect apps)

• in the user management ui (admin.atlassian.com) it will be visible to admins in the user list (but nowhere else)

• if its a managed account it might also be accessible to admins through the Identity user managment API

• customer accounts email will be visibile:

• to agents in the UI on profile cards

• to agents in places using user search apis inside Jira (there is no clearcut rule for which places it is), including the user search rest api, but not the user lookup api

• It should be visible to all agents everywhere (apart from connect apps)

*connect apps can apply through ecosystem to use some special api endpoints to get email regardless of privacy settings. This has to be approved by legal and is only for apps in specific use cases (e.g. scriptrunner would not be eligible because its too general)

For more information you can review the below pages:

I hope this explains.

Cheers,
Dario

Dario Atlassian Team Thursday

Also, in order to provide some more context (from the other thread on the same topic):

@Dario Got it. Thank for quick answer :)

Dario Atlassian Team Thursday

You are very welcome @Alan Slender :) 

Happy to know the answer helped

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

231 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you