Jira Transition Post Function Script

Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2015

I would like to write a post function for the create transition.

I would like the post function to check the following:

If the Issue type is not bug and Description is Empty

set Description field to "Not Entered" and Priority field to "Priority 4"

Any ideas on how to do that?

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2015

Try something like that:

if ((!issue.getIssueType().name.toString().equals("Bug")) and (issue.description == null)){

issue.setDescription("Not Entered")
    issue.setPriorityId("4")

}

P.S. Use a custom scripted postfunction

0 votes
Alez_M August 31, 2023

Thanks! But can you tell me more about your services?

0 votes
Damon March 25, 2021

Please write which script worked like that? Because not a single answer has helped me yet. I will turn to web development services for help to automate business processes, but I would like to figure it out myself for future manipulations.

0 votes
Harris Reid January 29, 2021

I guess you might find the answer here

or even here

0 votes
OctaviaMays January 4, 2021

Scripts help a site to perform tasks that a plugin can do but they create less overhead on the system. People who work on telemedicine platform development will know exactly what overhead can do to a system. I have seen motherboards fry because of this extra load.

Alez_M August 31, 2023

thanks for this

0 votes
Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2015

Thanks! 

0 votes
Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2015

Does my answer worked for you?

0 votes
Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2015

I do have script runner

0 votes
Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2015

Do you have scripts post function plugin (Script Runner) or Misk Workflow postfuncions?

Suggest an answer