Jira Structure - Add a column as formula, issue with IF and duedate code

Gaetan Gaston December 14, 2020

Hi folks,

I'm building a structure in Jira and want to add a column to specifiy the emergency status.

MY STRUCURE : every team / office should be able to see what is going on 

- component = a team / office 

- Epics + Task, ...

MY WISH: Give an information for each epic, task, ... about dead line. So i add a column FORMULA and start to code. I know something is wrong but my code would be like: 

If type in (epic, Task, Bug, Story) ; if ( status = Done ; "Done" ; if ( due < now() AND status != Done ; "LATE URGENT" ; if ( due >= now() AND duedate <= "7d" AND status != Done ; "SOON" ; if ( due > "7d" AND status != Done ; "ON GOING" )))))

What would be the rignt code ?

Thanksimage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

Hi Gaetan,

Structure expression language does not support in operator. So, the formula should be something like this

IF(SEARCH(type, "Epic, Task, Bug, Story");IF(status="Done"; "Done"; due<now(); "LATE URGENT"; DAYS_BETWEEN(now(),duedate)<=7; "SOON"; DAYS_BETWEEN(now(),duedate)>7; "ONGOING") )

I've removed some extra checks, because they've been done in previous clauses. 

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

NICE :) thanks

Other question. I'd like to add a condition if the value of DueDate is EMPTY then it is written NO DATA.

In that language, how should I write :

... ; due = Empty ; "NO DATA")

Thanks

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

I've left that option empty, but you can add it as n alternative

IF(SEARCH(type, "Epic, Task, Bug, Story");IF(status="Done"; "Done"; due<now(); "LATE URGENT"; DAYS_BETWEEN(now(),duedate)<=7; "SOON"; DAYS_BETWEEN(now(),duedate)>7; "ONGOING"; "NO DATA") )

Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer