Jira Structure - Add a column as formula, Change color of text + background

Gaetan Gaston December 22, 2020

Hi folks,

I'm building a structure in Jira and I don't like the color of the status because there is only 3 color and we have 5 status. 

So I want to add a column with the status.

MY WISH: I want to

• give a specific color to each status -> background color
  • Put the writing in white 

CODE FAIL :(

IF(status= "To do" ;"{panel:bgColor=#515A5A} {color=#FFFFFF}TO DO{color} {panel};

status= "Ready" ;"{panel:bgColor=#DCDCDC}{color:#FFFFFF}READY{color}{panel}";

status= "In progress" ;"{panel:color=#FFFFFF|bgColor=#CD853F}IN PROGRESS{panel}";

status= "Verify" ;"{panel:color=#FFFFFF|bgColor=#191970}VERIFY{panel}";

status= "Done" ;"{panel:color=#FFFFFF|bgColor=#228B22}DONE{panel}"
)

What would be the rignt code ?

Thanks

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 22, 2020

Hello Gaetan,

The formula looks correct, you just need to change the column's Format from General to Wiki markup.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to contact us directly at support.almworks.com if you need our assistance with anything else.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Peyush Agarwal May 10, 2021

I am using JIRA Cloud, I dont see any option of "Formula" how can I do it? 

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hi again, @Peyush Agarwal. As I mentioned in your related post, currently the Formula column is not available in the cloud edition of Structure.

The team is working hard to establish parity between the on-prem and cloud editions of Structure and ALM Works also publishes the roadmaps for its products.

In your case, you can monitor the roadmap for Structure Cloud and ask to be notified about the availability of particular new features via cloud@almworks.com.

Best,

-dave [ALM Works]  

0 votes
Timo Winkler November 7, 2022

Hi @Gaetan Gaston

I also think you need to replace the = with a : 

IF(status= "To do" ;"{panel:bgColor=#515A5A} {color:#FFFFFF}TO DO{color} {panel}

Cheers

Timo 

Suggest an answer