Jira Story greyed out in Roadmap

Ayo Ayoola April 19, 2021

A story that I have created in Jira and linked to an epic is greyed out on the roadmap. It has same characteristics (i.e. epic link,  title etc) like the other stories showing.

Please, does anyone know why this is happening?

image.png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2021

Hi @Ayo Ayoola,

I just wanted to provide some additional context to why this is happening. When you filter for issues in a plan it might be a requirement that you are able to work with the descendants of those issues. In this case all of the issues apart from one are matching the filters (which judging from your own reply to your question is because it doesn't have a label that is being filtered for).

The benefit here is that you are able to still see and work with the issue - so you would be able to add the label to the issue so that it matches the filter. If you don't want to see descendant issues like this you can unselect the "Show full hierarchy" option that appears at the bottom of the filter menu.

Regards,

Dave 

Christopher Farm
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2022

Can you help me understand what you mean by this: "In this case all of the issues apart from one are matching the filters (which judging from your own reply to your question is because it doesn't have a label that is being filtered for)."

I have a similar issue. 

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ayo Ayoola April 19, 2021

I just discovered that the greyed out issue has a different label. I added the same label as he other stories and it was no longer grey.

Suggest an answer