Jira-Slack connection failing to @mention relevant people

Dvir Ginzburg March 18, 2023

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing an issue with the Jira-Slack integration where it fails to @mention relevant people except for the assignee. I've noticed that when I set myself as the assignee, the integration works fine and I receive notifications on Slack. However, when anyone else is assigned to the issue, the integration fails to @mention them, and they don't receive notifications on Slack.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, and if so, have you found a solution? Additionally, should we consider alternative solutions to accomplish this? Lastly, does anyone have any suggestions for adding a title for the mentioned individuals?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Oday Rafeh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2023

Hi @Dvir Ginzburg 

Check the user mapping. Jira-Slack integration requires proper mapping between Jira and Slack users to be able to mention them correctly.

To do this, users need to link their Jira and Slack accounts:

In Slack, type /jira connect and follow the instructions to connect the user's Jira and Slack accounts.

In Jira, users can go to their profile settings and link their Slack account under the "Connected Apps" section.

Review the notification settings in Jira and make sure that the relevant notification events are enabled in your Jira project's notification scheme. This will help ensure that the appropriate users are notified when changes are made to issues.

If the issue is not solved, you may try alternative Jira-Slack integration apps available in the Atlassian Marketplace, such as "Slack Connector for Jira" or "Slack Integration+ for Jira".

Dvir Ginzburg March 19, 2023

I see, so no way to do it automatically

Oday Rafeh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2023

@Dvir Ginzburg 

There is no automatic way to link Jira and Slack accounts for all users.

Each user must connect their accounts individually by following instructions provided by the team admin.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events