Jira ServiceNOW Integration

Kareem Hz May 21, 2020

Hi Everyone,

i want document about Jira ServiceNOW integration using REST API or Using webhooks.

Do any one have please provide me. 

Regards

kareem

3 answers

1 vote
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hey @Kareem Hz ,

I'm Jose, from the Exalate team.

Just like what @Petter Gonçalves mentions.

You can integrate Jira and ServiceNow very easily through an Exalate conneciton. 

You can connect any ServiceNow entity (Incidents, Service Request, Request Item, etc) to Jira issues in any project. You will be able to sync any field (custom or not) bidirectionally.

Let me know if this helps you in your solution search 🙂

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2020

Hello @Kareem Hz

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Basically, the integration between JIRA And ServiceNow can be performed by WebHooks using the articles below:

Now, if you want to create your own script with REST APIs, you can refer to the following documentations:

Jira Cloud REST API 

Servicenow - REST API Reference 

Additionally, there are some third-party apps that perform this integration bidirectionally:

ConnectALL ServiceNow adapter for Jira

Exalate app 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kareem Hz January 31, 2021

thanks  Petter,

do u have work experience on the jira servicenow integration . let me know so that will connect.

Getint.io April 30, 2021

Hi @Kareem Hz and @Petter Gonçalves ,

There is also a new app, a new alternative to Exalate and ConnectAll called getint.io:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223935/getint-for-servicenow-integration?hosting=server&tab=overview

Here, you can choose the hosting type - it works both on-premise and cloud, for any Jira version. The app is very fast and friendly. Plus... costs less. 

And obviously, it offers integration of statuses, comments, custom fields, and attachments, in both directions. You can go very advanced here, syncing just selected issues/incidents or all of them. And you can skip the sync of private comments. 

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 14, 2022

@Kareem Hz , hello. Just want to add an alternative to what you might have been using for this integration. It's a no-code integration platform, called ZigiOps. It allows you to sync various fields (default and custom) and transfer different types of data. It read the schema dynamically and works bi-directionally. It will take you just a few clicks to make the Jira SNow integration.

Feel free to take a look at it and if you want to see it in action, you can always book a demo.

Diana (ZigiWave team)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events