Jira Service Desk Cloud Active Directory

Burkhard Voss June 18, 2018

Hello.

Is it possible to connect the JSD Cloud with Active Directory?
We are using Azure AD for Office 365 at the moment.

I read something about Google Apps. Google Apps is needed to connect it with Azure AD and then to connect it with JSD Cloud. Is this right?
That sounds way to complicated and irritating.

Is there any official statement from Atlassian, that they support Azure AD or Active Directory Integration?

Kind Regards

Mathias

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

Hi, Mathias.

I believe you would need to configure SAML single sign-on in your Cloud instance. Then, you would need to convert your customers to Atlassian accounts and remove their application access to prevent them from accessing undesired content, as described in

Jira Service Desk customers who are not using an Atlassian Account will not be able to log in via SSO as these accounts live outside your organization and therefore will not pass through the SSO workflow unless they are converted to Atlassian Accounts:

To migrate a portal-only customer to an Atlassian Account, you need to browse to them and click on Migrate to Atlassian account in the Portal only customers view in your site administration.
This documentation explains the advantages and disadvantages of portal-only customers and customers with Atlassian Account:

I would like to add that this will only work for JSD customers who are part of domains that have been verified.

The good news is that our developers are already working on this feature that seems to meet your requirement precisely and it should be implemented very soon, as we can see here:

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
Suren Raj

Hi Suren,

That sounds very complicated. At the moment we don´t know if we want to use the cloud or the server version of JSD.
If we decide for JSD cloud, do we need to create an account for all of our customers?

I can´t access the dokumentation "..accounts-913"

Do we need "Atlassian Access" for SAML? If so, do we need to pay for all users of JSD or just for our 6-7 Agents?

Kind Regards

Mathias

And do you know how long it will take your developers to implement the LDAP feature. This would be great!

Burkhard Voss June 19, 2018

So at the moment it is not possible to integrate LDAP or connect JSD Cloud directly with Azure AD? I would need to know this for deciding between JSD Server and JSD Cloud.

Burkhard Voss June 20, 2018

Do I have to open a new thread for every question I have?

Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2018

Hi, Mathias.

• Yes, you need to create an account for your customer.
  • You need to have already subscribed to Atlassian Access before you can set up SAML single sign-on for your managed users. You need to pay for the agents only.
  • We don't have any oversight over the estimated delivery of the feature, such an update is also communicated by Product Managers in the feature request.
  • I'm afraid currently, it's not possible to integrate JSD directly with LDAP.
  • We would suggest opening a new thread for new topic.

Cheers
Suren Raj

Suggest an answer