Jira Server Instance - Waterfall

Tina Sampath August 23, 2021

Hello all,
i am new here.  Where I work Jira is the tool of choice I have as PM to track projects.  I manage Infrastructure projects primarily and am trying my hardest to figure out how to fit into Jira World.

We will be moving to cloud instance soon.  But i have to get my projects underway and its been a bit of an effort to do.

If anyone is managing infra structure projects (waterfall) please reach out.

Excited to be here and learn new things.

Tina

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2021

Hi @Tina Sampath

As my company's product BigPicture has already been mentioned, I would like to add a few words about this plugin. It’s a comprehensive tool that supports project management in every phase.

You can use the plugin to prepare your project schedule, visualize dependencies, track the execution, and measure the progress not only on a single task level but also on a project or its phases level. 

More information you can find in the article: What to look for in PPM software for a diverse organizationI hope you find it useful. 
0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

x2 on the welcome, @Tina Sampath.

Jira Core (on-prem) or Jira Work Management (cloud) are geared more towards projects that aren’t necessarily following Agile software development principles.  However, the majority of community members are probably doing some form of Agile.  

You might have better luck asking for examples of hybrid (some Agile, some not) projects — where you can focus on the non-Agile aspects of their efforts.

As @Brant Schroeder points out, there are a number of Marketplace vendors who build solutions that are geared towards those who aren’t exclusively doing Agile. BigPicture is one of those. if you go that route, Structure is another. WBS is another. 

Full disclosure: I work for the company that makes Structure.

-dave 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

@Tina Sampath Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

We used BigPicture on server to manage our waterfall projects.  If you are moving to cloud in the near future you might just look at creating the project there so you can use Jira work management.  

Suggest an answer