Jira Server API expand Properties field

Mạnh Toàn Đoàn March 29, 2021

Hi guys, I am using Jira Server API Search resource to get all issues on my company Jira. I am not a Jira admin.

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.6.1/#api/2/search-search

I want to get the Properties of all issues using Search too. I can see in the output schema the properties along with other expandable fields like renderedFields, changelog, ... but when I input parameter expand = 'properties', it still do not return the properties of the issues.

I can get the properties for individual issues by using the resource api/2/project/{projectIdOrKey}/properties, but I really do not want to run this for every single issues I have, since it is very slow.

Any idea what I can do here? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Properties are not a field, you can't use the field api to get them.  I'm afraid the properties call  on each individual issue you are making is the only way to get them.

Thanks for the answer, Nic. My mistake to call it a field, but I mean I just want to get the issue properties using Search resource. And since I see 'properties' in the output schema, I assume I can get it using the same resource

And also, I don't use Field API. I use Search API. As I understand, those are different, right?

Suggest an answer