Jira - SQL Query - Number of users logging in a month

Tom Simm September 1, 2014

Hi,

I am wondering if there is an SQL query which I can use to find out the number of users who logged into Jira in months. Is this information stored or possible to see?

I have got a list of people counting towards our licensing but this information would help as well.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
David Hergert _PAYX_ November 19, 2014

So unfortunately I don't think this is straight forward.

JIRA does store user sessions, so it knows this information, but I believe they are only saved in memory as they clear in between restarts.

Next, JIRA does store some information in the database.  There is a table/column of cwd_user.updated_date and that value is updated each time a user logs in or updates their profile.  Secondly, you can look at the cwd_user_attributes table, each user will have a value in there of "login.lastLoginMillis" which is updated whenever a user logs in.  In my testing, it does not appear this is updated each time they use the app, so if they check the "remember me" box, and they don't actually log in using username/password for a few months, this won't get updated.

Lastly, you can enable JIRA User Access logging and then query that using a tool like Logstash or Splunk to see who is actually hitting the site.

Suggest an answer