Jira Report to display on Wiki

Sanjay Gupta October 7, 2019

Hi,

I need to create report for all issues (  status does not matter) where either I am watcher or participants with in last 2 weeks of timeframe and ticket has been updated by me in the comments sections.

I have following search filter but it is not displaying correct results

worklogAuthor = currentUser() AND worklogDate <= startofWeek(-1w) AND assignee in (currentUser()) OR Participants = currentUser() OR watcher = currentUser() ORDER BY updated DESC

1 answer

0 votes
RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

Your JQL isn't quite what you mention in the comment above. You have the worklog Author which searches on issues where you have "logged work" on an issue not made a comment. You also are searching for issues where you are the assignee as well. While it will be difficult to search on whether you made a comment or not only with the out of the box tools, here's something that will get you closer:

(Participants = currentUser() or watcher = currentUser()) and issue in updatedby("USERNAME", -2w) order by updated desc

The updatedby function requires the user to be explicitly defined, so you'll need to replace USERNAME with your username. It pulls issues where you are in the particpants or watcher and then narrows by issues that your user has updated in the last 2 weeks. 

Sanjay Gupta October 10, 2019

Unable to find JQL function 'updatedby' in my jira

Jira v7.12.3

RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

This particular function was added in a later version of Jira. This makes searching on updates much harder to accomplish without a third party plugin. While the data exists in the database, these aren't exposed by the searching interface. Some plugins expose it at the risk of harming system performance.

You are pretty much left with ordering by Updated or searching by status changes without the UpdatedBy function.

Suggest an answer