Jira REST: get rendered worklog comments for comments 21+

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Hello,

in our addon we used this rest call to get an issues worklogs rendered as HTML:

/rest/api/2/issue/10806?expand=renderedFields

The catch here is that this call never returns more than 20 worklogs and i also could't find a way to access the worklogs using pagination (The call does not react to a startAt parameter and the docs don't mention pagination).

When i use 

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/#api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/worklog-getIssueWorklog

to bypass this limitation the call does not offer the option to expand rendered fields.

The addon comes for server and cloud and i am wondering

- is there a way to get the rendered worklogs for cloud at all

- is there a way that works for server too without having to write a own rest service for this

thanks in advance

Jens

2 answers

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

i just raised a suggestion

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66410 

you're welcome to vote

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2017

Hi Jens

We're on the cloud version. I use 

/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/123/issue?fields=key,worklog

which gets all the worklogs for all issues in a sprint. As you say, this is restricted to 20 worklogs.

If there are more than 20 worklogs (fields.worklog.total > 20) then I use

/rest/api/2/issue/ABC-456/worklog

which gets the worklogs for a specific issue and returns them ALL - see the JSON below

{{
"startAt": 0,
"maxResults": 23,
"total": 23,
"worklogs": [
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2017

Hi Warren,

i am looking for a way to get the worklog comments as HTML, not in the wikirenderer source format.

Example:

<b>bold</b> instead ob *bold*

Cheers

Jens

Suggest an answer