Jira REST API create issue reporter and assignee possible field

Jean-Pierre Caron January 22, 2020

Could anyone point me to the full specification of the Jira REST API when creating an issue (not examples) I want to see all the possible fields I can put in and their description when I create an issue.

In https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.5.3/?_ga=2.263603525.878208284.1579719157-826783805.1516820012#api/2/issue-createIssue

their and example and then the schema.... the example has reporter and assignee but not in the schema. Where are those defined ???? 

At the end, I need to know what field are valid for assignee and reporter...

1 answer

0 votes
Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Hi Jean,

When you are creating an issues via API you can populate all the system fields/ Custom fields that you have in Jira.

To find the id of a Custom field:

1.Open a ticket in browser

2.Right Click on the fieldCustom.PNG and then Inspect Element

Jean-Pierre Caron January 23, 2020

When you create an issue, the reporter can at least be 'name' or 'id'. If you inspect an issue, you will have the result of the DB query and one answer, in the case highlighted above is id (for the "Problem regarding to" 'field'). It does not provide all the possibilities to write to this field.

Suggest an answer