Jira Query to show all issues where the epic is assigned to a particular user

Jackie Klass December 22, 2020

All of our EPICS are projects.  I am trying to create quick filters for each project manager but want to be able to show all the issues for all their EPICS when I apply the quick filter.  The problem is when I say "assignee = PM1" - it only gives me the tasks assigned to the PM - not all the tasks assigned to that project.

I know it should be simple.. but I cannot think today.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2020

Hi @Jackie Klass,

You won't get there with out of the box functionality. So that means you'll need marketplace apps to extend your search functionality.

In case you have scriptrunner, the following should work:

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("Project = XXX and issuetype = epic and assignee = currentUser()") 

The part between () is the query used to fetch all Epics in project XXX for the currently logged in user. Writing it this way would make it possible to add this as just 1 quick filter to the board.

Jackie Klass December 22, 2020

Thank you so much!!  Will try that out.... at least I know Im not going crazy. I kept looking for a "WHERE" statement.

0 votes
Deleted user July 6, 2021

i worked around it as follow:
to my already existed automation rule that did the following:
- WHEN issue transitioned to Integrated/done/etc

- AND issueType is one of the subs type

-FOR Parrent:

--IF Status is not equal to Integrated AND sub present AND subs match r=the done statuses
--THEN transition y=the issue to INTEGARTED

i've added the following at the end (for parent)

--EDIT issue field and copy Assignee from trigger issueScreen Shot 2021-07-06 at 20.12.32.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-06 at 19.53.06.png

Suggest an answer