Jira Query for upcoming 30 days

Austin Wagner October 3, 2022

I need a Jira query that show tickets in current progress + upcoming within 30 days. I tried:

project = DTMI AND component = "Task 2 Team" AND status in ("On Hold", "To Do") AND due<=30d AND due>= now ()

, but that didn't work. Does anyone know of a better solution?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

Hi @Austin Wagner and welcome to the community!

Jira shortens the field name "Due Date" to "Due" to save a little real estate on the filter results screen.  You should be querying against the actual field name:

project = DTMI AND component = "Task 2 Team" AND status in ("On Hold", "To Do") AND dueDate<=30d AND dueDate>= now ()
Austin Wagner October 3, 2022

Thanks for the answer Mark!

I did try something like that already, but some of the tickets don't have "due Date" filled out. I got around it via searching by sprint (since our sprints are 2 week intervals). We currently plan out sprints out for 3 months periods. This is what I used instead:

project = myProject AND status in ("open", "sprint ready", "in progress", "to do", "blocked", "on hold") AND component = "myComponent" AND sprint in openSprints("Task 2 Scrum Team") OR sprint in nextSprint("Task 2 Scrum Team")

It's doing the job currently, but I know it's not the most efficient way to see what I want...

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer