We recently upgraded our authentication on an application connected to Jira from Basic to OAuth. Upon doing so, a number of queries started to return 401 unauthorized, with the reason provided being an invalid oauth token.
I ran numerous queries to diagnose the issue, since it was the same token, through the same google oauth client as provided by Atlassian in the sample code for OAuth integration tutorial. I narrowed the issue down to an unconventional approach one of my developers had used in adding fields to queries.
would fail, while
passes when using OAuth. When using Basic user-pass authentication, both queries pass and return data.
I also tested on version 3, latest (per https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72126) and various complexities of query, some nested and not, non-custom fields (due to old bug), etc. The consistent failure point was multiple &fields= appearing in the query.
We've eliminated the unconventional approach to fields selection in queries as a workaround. We are reporting the issue for Atlassian's awareness.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events