Jira Premium Plan Trial

상욱 안 May 2, 2021

I have activated with the Jira Premium Plan trial, but I couldn`t use the story`s progress bar under the Epic on the road map page. Epic`s progress bar works correctly, so I would like to check the problem using the trial plan. 

When I check the activated subscription, I have used a free plan with Confluence and only used a Premium trial plan with Jira Software, and I didn`t add payment details? 

I hope to know the problem with my account and let me know how to deal with those issues.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Hi @상욱 안 ,

There is nothing wrong with your account. There are limitations on the basic roadmap. Progress is based on issue count (not estimates) and as such not relevant to stories (it is 0 or 1). Also, date ranges are not displayed for stories, only for epics - see JSWCLOUD-18668 for that.

However, on the premium plan you can access Advanced Roadmaps. You find those under Plans and it offers a lot more options than the basic roadmap in your projects.

It does take some preparation to get you started, though. So check out the documentation first to get yourself familiar with the tool.

상욱 안 May 3, 2021

Thank you for your reply Walter Buggenhout.

However, I find the same problem even though I enrolled premium account to access advanced roadmaps. Is the problem with the basic project that I had?

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

Hi @상욱 안,

Just wanted to check if you're using a Company Managed (formerly known as "Classic") or Team Managed (formerly known as "Next-Gen") project as Advanced Roadmaps currently only supports Company Managed projects.

I also just wanted to check that you're accessing Advanced Roadmaps through the "Plans" menu on the top-navigation bar. You create "plans" with Advanced Roadmaps that contain a roadmap.

Regards,

Dave 

Like 상욱 안 likes this
상욱 안 May 3, 2021

When I find to create a plan page, I think my plan is a company managed. create plan.png

If my account is "Classics", is it possible to use an advanced road map? However, my billing details show an advanced roadmap included. 

However, I cannot find the advanced roadmap tools in the following image.

road map.png

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

The latter image is showing the standard Roadmaps offering that has a 1-to-1 association with a project. The first image is from the interface for creating an Advanced Roadmaps plan.

A plan is neither Company Managed nor Team Managed - a plan can contain issues that are sourced from Company Managed projects (via projects themselves or associated boards or filters).

You will always access an Advanced Roadmaps plan from the top navigation menu, you won't be able to access it from the standard Roadmaps UI.

Regards,

Dave

Like 상욱 안 likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

After you created an advanced roadmaps plan, you can disable the standard roadmap from you project's board (board settings > roadmap).

As a workaround to quickly access your advanced roadmap (the plan), you can manually add a shortcut in the side navigation bar.

Cattura.PNG

Like 상욱 안 likes this
상욱 안 May 4, 2021

Thanks a lot for your help @Walter Buggenhout and @Dave! :)

It means when I create a new project with a team-managed plan, I can disable the advanced roadmap even though I have activated it with the Jira software premium version, right?

Like Dave likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

Hey @상욱 안 ,

You seem to be a bit lost in translation. There is no such thing as a team managed plan. You have team-managed and company-managed projects. 

Advanced roadmaps are a feature of the Cloud Premium plan that you are paying for. And advanced roadmaps allow you to create a roadmap (called a "plan") based on data from one or more company-managed projects.

Both team managed and company managed projects also have a standard roadmap available, which is limited in functionality. And yes, you can disable that feature in both team managed and company managed projects.

If you create a team managed project, there won't be an advanced roadmap. So no need to disable anything there. 

Like Dave likes this

Suggest an answer