Jira Portfolio

bipin23 February 25, 2019

Hi All 

I am new in using JIRA Portfolio planning. I have recently created a plan that pulls the issues from a Project SMAR (say) as data sources . I have choose release version as 4.0 at the time of configuring my plan.But when it comes to Scope section why am I seeing all the issues that doesn't have a Parent Epic as well as  no version matching to 4.0 as attached ,

Quick Question:

1.My SMAR-31 doesn't have any fix version mentioned(which I did intentionally )but it's still showing under SMAR-29? 

Any help will be really appreciated?

JIRA_Portfolio.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2019

Hello Bipin,

In Portfolio the selected releases on a plan is to suggest releases you can work with, if you have only selected "Version4.0" this indicates any issue flagged in that release as well as any issue that does not have a release so that it may be planned into that release.  By Selecting a single release it will only exclude issues that have a release version chosen and do not belong to that release.

If you wanted to only display issues in a specific release, you could make a board filter that included > fixversion = "Version4.0" < and tie this board to your plan to expressly exclude issues outside the version from the plan.

Regards,
Earl

bipin23 February 28, 2019

Thanks @Earl McCutcheon  for your prompt response..

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer