Jira Permission

DJ October 17, 2018

Is it possible to create a permission where users can view the Project Board and issues on it. They shouldnt be able to click on the issue unless it is created by them. 

I know if I change the permissions for Browse project, I can make the board to show issues only created by the reporter but I am trying to show the whole board to all users with the issue names, I just dont want them to click on any issue and view. They should only be able to open/edit the issues created by them. 

I know its little confusing. Thank you in advance

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

>I am trying to show the whole board to all users with the issue names, I just dont want them to click on any issue and view. They should only be able to open/edit the issues created by them. 

This can't happen, because it makes no sense.  You need to decide whether a user can see an issue or not.  If they can, then it will appear on a board, and they will be able to "open" it.   If they can not see an issue, then it will not appear for them anywhere.

DJ October 18, 2018

Thank you for your response. Thats what I wanted to make sure. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2018

Hi @DJ,

The board is dependent on the project it is pulling issues from. I'd edit the "Browse Project" permissions to all users in your organization. I'd then edit the "Create" and "Edit" issues permissions to reporters, admin's, etc. (to your liking). 

Another option is to go into the board configuration and under general, share the board with all users. The only issue you will run into is that issues may not populate if the project permission scheme is not shared with them.

DJ October 17, 2018

Thank you for your response @Mary Ramirez. I want to give the permission to everyone to create the issues. Basically one person should not be able to view others issues but they should be able to see the board and the transition on it. 

Currently, everyone is able to view the board which is perfect., Everyone is not able to do the transition which is again perfect. But they are able to click on the issue and open it even it is not created by them which I want to restrict.

Suggest an answer