Jira Performance with Chrome 69

David Grierson September 20, 2018

Recently everyone's Chrome browsers have been upgrading to Chrome version 69 (69.0.3497.81 was released on September 4, 2018); since then users have been reporting performance problems accessing our internally hosted Jira service.

Performance appears to be very sluggish (7-10s delay) for the first page access load while it grabs batch.css and then seems to be reasonable after that.

This doesn't appear to be affecting Firefox or Internet Explorer.

We're running Jira Software Server 7.6.4 for a number of months and have had no issues until just recently.

Has anyone else noticed any performance problems between Chrome and Jira?

For the Atlassian folks this has also been raised as support ticket GHS-129695.

2 answers

0 votes
Junio Fernandes August 9, 2019

This link gave me a solution!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/browser-troubleshooting-guide-330796533.html

And additionally I disabled user account sync and enabled it again. It worked.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

Hi David

As a contrast, we're using the cloud based version of Jira and quite a few users (including myself) have been on v69 of Chrome (the exact same version you list) for more than a week without any issues.

Your issue is likely specific to your setup and having raised a support ticket with Atlassian is the correct way to go

Junio Fernandes August 9, 2019

I started with similar issue today. Chrome v.79, Jira 7.11.2.

But the problem is with only one user. When I use the same machine with others users, works normally.

Any news on GHS-129695? I can't reach it.

Suggest an answer