Jira Oauth Implematation in .Net?

Ashvik Mohan April 9, 2018

Is their any running example for JIRA Ouath in .Net?

2 answers

1 vote
KeesTalksTech June 27, 2019

We use OAuth with a private key in a backend service. We use the following NuGet packages:

• Atlassian.SDK - a .NET implementation of a Jira API Client
  • OpenSSL.PrivateKeyDecoder - decoder for private keys

What we did was the following:

1. Get the access token, access token secret, consumer key and private key
  2. Decode the private key into a consumer secret
  3. Add a RestSharp authenticator to the Jira Client (using the consumer secret) to authenticate requests to Jira.

More info & code can be found here: https://keestalkstech.com/2019/06/connect-to-jira-with-a-private-key-using-net/

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Ashvik,

Have you seen the example from this question?

There appears to be an accepted answer there, so please have a look and see if it helps you.

Regards,

Shannon

Ashvik Mohan April 22, 2018

Thanks, Shannon

I have already tried it, but it is not working properly. Can you have any other kind of example?

Regards,

Ashvik

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

Hi Ashvik,

I'm sorry I don't have any other examples. I'm not very familiar with this myself.

Are you trying to develop something like an add-on? You might have better luck asking on our Developer Community if that is the case. Let us know exactly what you're trying to do so we can help you out!

Regards,

Shannon

Ashvik Mohan April 23, 2018

yes i am trying to develop add-on..

by the way thanks for your help. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2018

You're welcome, Ashvik.

In that case, I would go to the developer community as that is the best place for you to get help with your add-on.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer