Jira Mac App - Not seeing all items in backlog

jasonhowk_mlb January 7, 2020

In the Mac app, if I compare the web version to the Mac app, I'm seeing a discrepancy where the Mac app will only partially show the the number of issues in a given sprint.

E.g. for me, the app only shows 8 issues while the web app shows the full 29.  Other sprints don't seem to have the issue (one shows 200+ issues just fine.) 

Configuration issue or bug?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hi @jasonhowk_mlb, could you try clearing your board's filters? The same issues should be visible on the board in both the app and web.

Let me know if you have any problems.

jasonhowk_mlb January 9, 2020

Filters were already cleared.  I had Charles Proxy running when I tried again and you could see in Charles the item count was off there as well compared to what was visible on the web client.

Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Ah, I think I may know what's happening - currently, the mac app does not show a sprint's 'done' issues in the backlog, but the web version does. (This may change in future, to match web.)

Is it possible you're seeing everything except the sprint's 'done' issues?

jasonhowk_mlb January 10, 2020

First, thanks for the help! 👏

I think that's partially the case here.  All the done items are missing so that's good -- but not all unfortunately.  Currently the web shows 24 issues with 8 done, and the app shows 14 with no done. The last two items shown on the web are not displayed in the app.  Nothing in the last two look drastically different than anything else in the sprint...

jasonhowk_mlb January 10, 2020

Not that this is going to help much if at all, but here's what it looks like at the header level.

combined.png

Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2020

Hi @jasonhowk_mlb, I've just discovered that this is actually a known bug that our team is currently working to fix. Apologies for the confusion! Hopefully our team will have it sorted out ASAP.

Like jasonhowk_mlb likes this

Suggest an answer