Jira Login Page

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

i try to find out if it is possible to let Jira use the "http://myJirahost.com/login.jsp" as default login page instead of "http://myJirahost.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa"

does any1 know?

i think the dashboard login gadget needs to be removed and all non-logged in users should be redericted to login.jsp if they have to login

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Kahyaoglu December 26, 2012

You can set Announcement banner public and then paste following js to announcement banner. That's trick:

<script>
if(jQuery('#header-details-user-fullname').text().indexOf(" ")==-1 && window.location.href.indexOf("login.jsp")==-1)
{ window.location = "/login.jsp" }

</script>

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2012

thats it. thank you very much

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

today i found out that with this script, the password reset link won't work.

how to modify the script to keep reaching password reset links such as "/secure/ResetPassword!default.jspa?"

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

got it...

<script>
if(jQuery('#header-details-user-fullname').text().indexOf(" ") ==-1 && window.location.href.indexOf("/secure/Dashboard.jspa") != -1)
{ window.location = "/jira/login.jsp" }

</script>

like this you can still access "ForgotLoginDetails" or use Contact Adinistrators function :)

Tansu Kahyaoglu January 20, 2013

Couldn't test it but this may cause endless redirection since /jira/login.jsp !=
/secure/Dashboard.jspa

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

i several situations...

works in my environment

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

i made several tests.

it works in my environment

1 vote
Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2018

Is there a way to put this into a plugin instead of the announcement banner?

0 votes
Ramakrishna August 7, 2015

hi i am hitting oauth authentication url which will give verified code after clicking on allow button in JIRA app,but if JIRA session not exists then it will hang and keep's loading where i have problem.If JIRA session not exists then redirect to login page of JIRA and after authentication load my url which i hit earlier.How can do this in java or jsp

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

i think i will leave it like it is then...

0 votes
Carsten A.
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2012

Do you want to completly "remove" the dashboard? Or do you just don't want any not logged in user to have a default dashboard?

What are the arguements against the following possibilities:

1. Remove all gadgets from system dashboard (the login gadget will be "added" when it needs to).
    Every not logged in user would get just a kind of login-page then. But logged in users may have their custom dashboards.
  2. Adding javascript to the dashboard with just loading your new location.
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2012

Do you want to completly "remove" the dashboard? Or do you just don't want any not logged in user to have a default dashboard?

nope.

i don't want to remove the dashboard and i don't want any not logged in user to hava any dashboard

maybe your second suggestion could make it.

and maybe i need to make myself a bit more clear...

to try by yourself just go to your jira installation.

if you're not beeing logged in by default you should see the login gadget now and the url says something like "yourhost.tld/secure/Dashboard.jspa"

thats the thing i don't want to have. i want any not logged in user to see "youhost.tld/login.jsp" instead

Carsten A.
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2012

Then I would suggest writing an own little gadget/plugin which only checks whether the user is logged in or not, and if he is not redirecting to youhost.tld/login.jsp. Do you need help for that?

Out of sheer curiosity, may I ask why you don't want not logged in users to not see a dashboard (even if the login gadget is the only gadget, which would resemble a login page)?

Suggest an answer