Jira Kanban board - show closed issues

Steve Suranie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2019

I know this has been asked in other posts but I can't seem to get it to work. I have a Kanban board that gets populated by this JQL: 

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY Rank ASC

Works fine, except the Done column is empty, even though there are closed tickets. 

So, the Google informed me the sub-filter populates the Done column. If there is no filter there then the Done column will be empty. So I reviewed some other questions on here and a timed filter seems to be what I was looking for. So I put this JQL in the sub-filter field: 

resolutiondate < 30d

thinking this would show issues resolved in the last 30 days. What happened was all my cards disappeared. So I changed it to this:

status = closed

Same results. I tried some other variations and regardless of what I placed in the field, all my cards no longer displayed in the Kanban. 

I'm thinking it is a combination of the initial query and the sub query causing a nullification. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is just a personal board. I'm looking to just have a clean view of all my tickets. 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hello Steve,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Checking your description, I noticed that you have configured your main filter to only return issues that are not with a valid resolution:

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY Rank ASC

The Parameter "resolution = Unresolved" will remove all the issues from your board with a valid resolution and this includes issues in your Done column. Additionally, there's no reason to use that parameter in your JQL query, since your backlog will only display issues that are in the not with a resolution (If the statuses are correctly mapped under project settings > Columns).

That being said, follow the steps below to fix the problem:

1 - Navigate to your board > Three dots menu (...) > Board settings > General

2 - Click to edit filter query > Remove the "resolution = Unresolved" parameter and save the filter

3 - Clean the sub-filter of your board, or configure it making sure it will not exclude your done issues

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Suggest an answer