Jira Incoming Mail deletion - Pop / Imap Edited

Hey guys,

iam setting up email service system with jira and jeti addon for one customer.
Everything is working fine, but there is one problem.

Currently iam using Imap to get the mail of the customers mail provider.
When Jira finds the mails in takes them and deletes them on the mail account. 
Problem is there are completly deleted and not simply moved to the trash folder.
When i delete a mail from the mail account in moves in to the trash folder, so i have no idea what jira is doing.

I think there wont be a simple way to say jira not to delete the mails but to move them out of inbox. But maybe there is a way to say jira to delete them to trash and not completly? 

In our mailing server we have the possiblity to directly create a copy of the incoming mail and jira then deletes the mail from inbox, but we still have a backup then.
Our customers mailing service dont offer such possibilities.

Any ideas whats the best possiblity?

1 answer

Hey Stefan, 

I guess you do not have the option of not deleting the emails on your mailbox. 

According to the documentation:

• For mail accounts, JIRA scans email messages received by your mail account's 'Inbox' folder. However, for IMAP mail servers, you can specify a different folder within your mail account.
  • If JIRA successfully processes a message, JIRA deletes the message from your mail account (on a POP or IMAP mail server) or file system (i.e. for file system messages).
  • If JIRA does not successfully process a message, the message will remain either in your mail account or on the file system.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-185729464.html

So, the best way to achieve this, is to create another mailbox and auto forward the emails you want to handle through JIRA

BR

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Amir Kazemi
Posted an hour ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

10 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you