Jira - Import Issues from CSV - comment field

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2021

Hi,

I'm using "Import Issues from CSV" feature in my jira project. I have a comments that I would also like to add to the ticket but it doesn't seem like that field is available. However, jira does have the capability.  The question is as a project administrator/developer is there a way to get access to that field in the bulk upload interface?

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Hi @Gavin 

If you're using the non-Jira Admin uploader (i.e via Search > Import from CSV), I haven't seen a specific list of available fields.

Best way I find is to try and check. If the field Comment Body isn't possible to map to, then it's not available for non-Jira Admins.

Ste

0 votes
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2021

Hi Gavin, importing comments from the CSV IMPORT functionality is possible

In this article you can see that it gives you examples of comments, you can import several comments using a column for each comment

Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-28 a la(s) 17.27.08.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2021-05-28 a la(s) 17.27.14.png

Andy Hurley March 4, 2022

The field 'Comment Body' is not available to map to when using the standard CSV importer

Suggest an answer