Jira Forms - Best Form Plugin Recommendations

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Hi, 

I have a jira project that I would like to create front end forms.  Specifically I'd like the ability to create dynamic fields.  What are some free and paid options people recommend

some interested functionality I'd desire.

ex.

pull down menu has 3 options

>1

>2

>3 

based on the url you can automatically pass and select option 3 or 1  or 2

there is a conditional statement that allows other fields to display specified fields.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Olivier Lemaire May 20, 2021

Hi Gavin,

I recommend that you check this plugin to see if it matches your needs. I had the opportunity to try it and it is well-designed.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215833/proforma-forms-checklist-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Furthermore, there will be a forms feature in the new product Jira Work Management that you could check out.

Best regards,

Olivier

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2021

Thanks for the cloud recommendation. But it seems like we have an on prem solution. Would this option work for on prem?

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2021

@Gavin yes ProForma works the same for Cloud and Server/DC (on prem versions).

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2021

If you are looking for creating dynamic forms for Jira cloud then I can recommend the plugin we are using (when not using or own ConfiForms) - Raley Intake Forms for Jira 

It allows us to create dynamic and custom forms that can do intakes into Jira and be placed anywhere (on your website, intranet, confluence)

You can create multiple forms per project and even in different (front facing) languages

Alex

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2021

Thanks for the cloud recommendation. But it seems like we have an on prem solution. Would this option work for on prem?

Suggest an answer