Jira Filters - How to create a JQL filter that displays all issues in my Jira instance

Hi Community,

I am curious as to how one creates a filter in Jira that simply displays every issue in Jira grouped by issuetype.

So if my Jira had 20 stories, 10 Epics, and 5 subtasks. 

I would like the filter to somehow return all of them.

Also, im not sure if this is possible but when I add the filter to a dashboard I want it to show Stories: 20, Epics: 10, and Subtasks: 5.

Thank you for your time!

-Roberto

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It's even easier - go to advanced search and leave the JQL box completely empty.

That's the default search when you first go to the issue navigator as well.

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 11, 2017

Thank you,  Nic. I do not know why but I had a strong feeling that it was not possible to create an empty filter and I did not have Jira to check it:)))) 

This widget could not be displayed.
Hello,
Create a filter with a condition " status is not empty " or "created > ancientdate" or something like this. Then you can use Issue Statistics Gadget and choose there issue type in the statistic type field.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

125 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you