Jira Filter with "parent in"

Hansi January 26, 2018

Hello!

I want to create a filter for subtasks.

List all not closed Sub-Task of an project that belongs to a specified Filter.

The Subtasks:

project = ITSD AND issuetype = Sub-task AND status in ("In Progress", "To Do")

The Parent: 

project = ITSD AND issuetype = "Service Request" AND status in (Open, "in Arbeit", "Wartet auf Genehmigung", Auslieferung) AND (ITSD-Anfragetyp-Helper = "Server bestellen")

how can I do this?

I have tried something like this:

project = ITSD AND issuetype = Sub-task AND status in ("In Progress", "To Do") AND parent in childIssuesOf("project = ITSD AND issuetype = 'Service Request'")

I will get: Unable to find an issue with matching key project = ITSD AND issuetype = 'Service Request'

rg

hansi

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2018

Hi Hansi,

do you have the Scriptrunner app? If so, you can do something like that:

project = ITSD AND issuetype = Sub-task AND status in ("In Progress", "To Do") AND issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = ITSD AND issuetype = 'Service Request' AND status in (Open, 'in Arbeit', 'Wartet auf Genehmigung', Auslieferung) AND (ITSD-Anfragetyp-Helper = '
'Server bestellen')")

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2018

with plain Jira, you can't have subqueries like in SQL

Like minuk_park likes this
Hansi January 29, 2018

Hello!

thank you for help! I got it.

rg

hansi

Chandrakanth Gangaram March 7, 2019

Hi Hansi,

Can you please share how you had combined both the queries?

Like Matthias likes this
0 votes
Isaiah John August 11, 2023

Guys, I just learned you can use the "scheduled" trigger to do a JQL Query. All issues returned will be treated as trigger issues. You could then use the "For: Sub-tasks" branch then a status condition to act on their sub-tasks.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 094501.png

0 votes
Preethi Ramesh April 1, 2019

I was trying to exclude all subtasks from a specific parent key and used the below query. Worked for me. 

assignee in (<jira usernames>) AND status not in (Closed, Done, Complete, Resolved, Cancelled) AND project not in (<give project names that you would like to exclude>) AND  parent != <which ever parent key you would like to exclude> 

This query removed all the subtasks for the parent key

0 votes
Hansi January 26, 2018

thank you for answer!

yes Scriptrunner app is installed.

I will check next week on monday.

rg

hansi

Suggest an answer