Jira Filter question

Yhan Masuyo September 1, 2022

Hi,

First of all im very happy im asking the expert community on the bellow matter.

I would like to ask if there is a way to make a filter that will have jira tickets by Asset ID (serial number of a device) and tracks if new tickets with the same asset ID generates again after some period of time (like on the next 2 weeks) of the closure of the ticket.

Im wondering how possible is this with Jira.

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Hi @Yhan Masuyo 

What do you mean by "track"?

What you could do is that on the create transition of your workflows to add a PF with a groovy script, and check if any issues with the same asset id exists. If that exists, then do something with it, e.g. send an email to you.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Or you could create a Jira automation:

• Trigger: on issue created
  • Create variable and store insight_object_from_current_issue
  • Condition: JQL e.g. project = MY_Projects and insight_object = insight_object_from_current_issue
    • If true: Do something
    • If false: don't do
0 votes
Lara Lopez September 2, 2022

Hello Yhan,

This depends on what you use, if on premise or cloud. At leas in On premise there are addons that allow you to show in a custom field the result of a query. What I do is use this addons so that when a new ticket is created they show all the previous tickets ( or current ones) that meet the same filter. In this case with the same Asset ID.

I am not sure if this is possible on cloud you will need to find an addon that can put tickets or the result of a filter as a custom field.

The other option it would be a powerfull reporting tool like eazybi that could check if two ids are the same. 

But this is not something you can usually do with jira out of the box.

Cheers

Suggest an answer