Jira/Eclipse integration

Sean Burke April 20, 2018

Is there a Jira plugin for eclipse?  Would like to see all the work assigned to me my development tool but don't see to see a plugin.  If not what is the typical work flow of associating a task with a commit in git.  Placing a the number in the comment of a commit?

3 answers

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2018

Hello,

I do not think such a plugin exists. There is a similiar plugin for IntelliJ but the latest version of the plugin is dated to 2015.

https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/2190-atlassian-connector-for-intellij-ide

I actually never used the plugin.

If you have Bitbucket then you can make an application link with your Jira and on committing your changes you can enter an issue key to the commit comments and you will be able to see your commit in the issue. You can find more info here:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/bitbucket/integration-tips-jira-software-bitbucket-server

Sean Burke April 23, 2018

Thanks, we have an enterprise atlassian licence.  Apparently you can go into Jira admin and add the GIT url and this allows association for a issue with a commit.  Is there a document on setting up the integration this way.  Thanks, sorry new to the whole suite of tools.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2018

You would need a GIT server like Bitbuket, GitHub or something like this. If you have Bitbucket, then you can create an application link to your Bitbucket server. 

If you do not use Bitbucket, then you can use a plugin. For example, this one:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.xiplink.jira.git.jira_git_plugin/cloud/overview

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2018

To associate a Git commit with a Jira issue, all you have to do is entering the issue key (like MYPROJ-123) in the Git commit message.

Deleted user January 23, 2020

Can you please give some more details?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Well, our app called Better Commit Policy helps you to implement this.

Basically, you'd create a policy with the "commit message must contain issue keys" condition and configure that accordingly:

condition-message-issue-in-jql

0 votes
Will Mulder March 10, 2021

Hi,

The Eclipse/Mylnn/Jira connector is no longer supported by Atlassian and even though the opensource jira-rest-java-client libraries have been updated to handle the api drift of Jira Cloud, I myself have been unable to figure out how to update/fix the plugin (Atlassian Connector for Eclipse / Atlassian JIRA Connector)

Does anyone else use Eclipse and would like a Task-based focus on their Jira workload? I imagine there are many of you out there... How do you do it? Is there another way? Have you handmade your own connector/plugins?

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Best,
Will

Mario Charest May 11, 2021

Post on March 10, no answer after two month so guess there is no hope?

edward July 15, 2021

I loved the task based focus with jira integration.  Unfortunately I have not been able to do that since the plugin was cancelled and they changed the response message so the existing plugin no longer works.  

It would be great if this could be resurrected or if some guidance can be given on how to build the plugin from source.

I believe most people have just given up on anticipating any new development on this.  As an aside, there is a working plugin for intellij, but I prefer eclipse.

Like Schnitzler, Gerd, CLP likes this

Suggest an answer